Followers

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Reach for the Skies

My bare feet scrape on broken seashells,
I scrub my eyes with my own tears,
I fell in love with the moon,
only to have it leave me every day,
but to run back to me every night,
we sleep under the many eyes of the stars,
who cry once in a full moon,
their tears glistening for a brief moment,

I have toppled over trees just for fun,
the nests falling to the ground,
crushed under it's own supportive branches,
I throw rocks at birds,
trying to kill two birds with one stone,
because I know what it's like to be free,
and I know what it's like to be a prisoner,
I miss every throw,
but I continue to hope against all odds,
maybe I will eat today,
but I run out of rocks to throw,
and grieve in despair,

I have climbed cliffs,
hoping to reach the top,
not looking down at my past,
but forward to my future,
but once in a while I grab a loose rock,
and slip,
and fall,
I land on my butt,
realizing I had just barley left the ground,
I look up and can't quite see the top through the thick clouds,
This task feels almost impossible,
I get up and climb again,
you don't go anywhere just sitting,
you have to take matters into your own hand,
Climb, fall, repeat.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh.... This was amazing!!!!
    I love the first line!!
    Absolutely breathtaking

    ReplyDelete