Followers

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

spider bites and ice cubes

Your bite is poison,
it makes my heart race,
I feel like I am rising to heaven,
only to land in hell,
burning up in the stratosphere on the way down,
my ashes scatter around the world,
picked up by jet streams,
or by children who just don't care about the world anymore,
I am drowning in love as it scratches out my heart and,
makes my fire go out,
because the water doesn't care,
it just loves darkness,
and I don't think you care,
that I am living on an iceberg in the middle of the Arctic,
I am glad to be here,
constantly lying in the sun,
I smile at penguins and seals,
as they constantly fight over who is dominant,
because they think that the world is not big enough for the two of them,
if only they had left the ice block and found solid dirt,
where the sun doesn't shine all of the time,
then they would know how big the world really is,
but they are like you, a broken watch,
they think that they have all of the time in the world,
then I need to wind you back up and remind you what you were made to do,
tell me when you know, so I can finally leave you,
and head to the Arctic Ocean,
and find my own ice block,
and play with the seals and penguins.


1 comment:

  1. "Your bite is poison,
    it makes my heart race,
    I feel like I am rising to heaven,
    only to land in hell,"

    Stellar. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

    ReplyDelete